NexJ Introduces Major Upgrade to NexJ Connected Wellness
Platform extends capabilities for patient activation through education, collaboration and motivation.
Toronto, ON (November 4, 2014) — NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ), a provider of cloud-based software delivering enterprise solutions to the financial services, insurance, and healthcare industries, today announced significant enhancements to NexJ Connected Wellness.
NexJ Connected Wellness is a patient activation platform for chronic disease self-management. It enables healthcare organizations to embody their best practices for empowering patients to proactively manage their own health and wellness. NexJ Connected Wellness is based on research and proven at trial. NexJ continuously strives to ensure NexJ Connected Wellness is a trusted and leading edge solution for population health management.
This upgrade enhances the three core components of the personal health coaching continuum delivered through NexJ Connected Wellness: education to help patients learn; collaboration to help patients, their healthcare professionals (HCPs) and their trusted social support networks work better together; and motivation to help patients adopt and maintain behavior changes that will optimize their health, wellness and quality of life. Enhancements include:
- Integration of the Liberate Pro patient education app was completed (Liberate Ideas Inc. was acquired by NexJ in April 2014). Renamed NexJ Health Pro, the tablet app allows HCPs to effectively and efficiently educate patients at the point of care using a portfolio of infographic teaching presentations designed to make condition and treatment conversations highly engaging, memorable, and actionable. Content is current, developed in collaboration with key opinion leaders and associations and peer reviewed. Patients can review the resulting audio/visual Personal Visit Record through NexJ Connected Wellness and securely share it with their circle of care including friends, family and advocates. This approach empowers patients with the knowledge, skills and motivation they need to participate in self-management of their chronic disease and achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Fitbit, iHealth, Jawbone UP and Withings Pulse have been added to the list of wearable devices and third-party apps that integrate with NexJ Connected Wellness. This extends the ability of NexJ Connected Wellness to automatically capture personal bio-metrics and provide valuable insights to patients, their coaches, and their healthcare providers.
- The NexJ Connected Wellness user interface has been refreshed and rebranded. This makes NexJ Connected Wellness even easier to use. The user interface update extends to NexJ Health Pro as well as to the NexJ Health Coach personal health coaching mobile app.
“NexJ has been extensively engaging academic researchers and healthcare providers to ensure our solutions make a difference in supporting people with chronic disease,” says William M. Tatham, Chief Executive Officer of NexJ Systems Inc. “The enhancements we have introduced further NexJ’s vision for people-centered health in which everyone can be informed about their health condition, educated on alternative treatments, and ultimately responsible for the decisions they make about their health and wellness. We are encouraged by the increasing commercial acceptance NexJ Connected Wellness is receiving.”
About NexJ Systems Inc.
NexJ is a provider of cloud-based software, delivering enterprise solutions for the financial services, insurance and healthcare industries. Our next-generation, people-centered software combines industry-specific functionality with information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the individual.
Based in Toronto, NexJ has clients throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about NexJ, visit www.nexj.com, e-mail email@example.com, or call 416-222-5611. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us onFacebook or hang out with us on Google+.
NexJ Forward-looking Statement
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on NexJ’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. NexJ’s assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see NexJ’s securities filings with the OSC and other securities regulators. NexJ securities filings are available on www.sedar.com. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, NexJ disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more information:
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
NexJ Systems Inc.
- NexJ Health Launches Health Coaching Program to Improve Mild-to-Moderate Depression & Anxiety
- NexJ Health Partners with MedVision to Enable Value-based Care for At-risk Physician Groups
- NexJ Health & ZealCare to Deliver Next Generation Behavior Change Solutions for Disease Management and Health Enhancement
- PACE Cardiology Partners with NexJ Health to Provide People-Centered Cardiovascular Care
- Call&Check Program on NexJ Connected Wellness Featured in the Toronto Star