My UCSD@Home Health Coaching
UC San Diego Health Population Health has partnered with NexJ Health to provide health coaching to patients with UCSDH.
A personal health coach empowers you to make changes that will have a positive, lasting impact on your mental health and wellbeing. In your free health coaching program, you will receive:
- One-on-one support from your personal health coach for 6 months
- Access to NexJ Connected Wellness, a one-stop shop for your health and wellness needs
- Credible, easy-to-understand education topics like nutrition, stress management, diabetes, and financial wellness
- A library of on-demand exercise and mindfulness sessions
- Trackers to monitor your progress with steps, sleep, meals, and other health behaviors
Expert Support, Every Step of the Way
Your health coach helps you set and achieve personal health goals including:
- Supporting Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Managing Stress
- Exercising Regularly
- Eating Healthy Diets
- Improving Diabetes Management
- Lowering Blood Pressure
- Managing Chronic Pain
Frequently Asked Questions
What is health coaching?
- Health coaching is an evidence-based practice that empowers people to achieve their health goals (such as improving sleep, managing blood pressure, and eating a healthier diet). By connecting regularly with a health coach, you receive guidance to turn small actions into health improvements.
- NexJ’s health coaches are board certified professionals. They are here to provide you with motivation, accountability, trusted information, and personalized support to help you work towards what is important to you.
Who is NexJ Health?
- NexJ Health is a digital health solutions organization that designs and delivers health coaching programs. Through research, consultation, and collaboration with healthcare providers, programs are evidence-based and designed to help individuals achieve better health.
How much time do I need to participate in the program?
- The virtual (on-line) Health Coaching Program is designed to meet you where you’re at. You are invited to make use of the tools and resources that work best for you, at the pace that works for you. Whether you want to spend 10 minutes per week or 1 hour per week, the program is here to support you!
What are the benefits of joining the program?
- Participants who have completed the program have provided great feedback.
- Participants have seen a variety of improvements in their health and wellness after working with their health coach:
- Improved blood pressure and blood sugar
- Improved overall control of symptoms related to a condition(s) that may worsen due to stress and anxiety
- Decreased levels of anxiety and depression
- Improved mood and energy
- Feel happier, stronger, and more confident
- Sustainable weight loss
- Improved self-esteem
- Participants have also shared benefits they found in health coaching:
- “Having someone check-in on me really helped keep me going”
- “My coach was patient, empathetic, and always there for me”
- “My coach was a real cheerleader and motivated me to achieve my goals”
Is this therapy or counseling?
- No, this does not take the place of therapy or counseling. Health Coach helps you with your goals of establishing healthy habits, which in turn will contribute positively to your mental health and wellbeing.
I am in crisis or thinking about hurting myself, is this program appropriate for me?
- This is not a crisis or suicide management program. If you are in crisis or feel unsafe, please call the San Diego Access & Crisis Line at 1-888-724-7240, or go to your nearest emergency room or call 911 for immediate attention.
How much does the program cost?
- The My UCSD@Home Health Coaching Program is free to UCSD patients who have a UCSDH primary care provider.
I have additional questions:
- Please call our UCSDH Population Health Digital Health Program at 1-855-767-4584, and just say “Digital Health” or press 3 and you will be connected to someone on our team who can help you.
ATENCIÓN: Si habla español (Spanish), hay servicios de asistencia de idiomas, sin cargo, a su disposición. Llame al número de teléfono gratuito que aparece en su tarjeta de identificación.
What others are saying about our personal health coaching